The Zurich edition of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship will be held on June 10, 2018. The ABB FIA Formula E series demonstrates the power, speed and viability of battery-powered automobiles. The Zurich race has the world’s fastest and most advanced electric racing cars.
“ABB and Formula E are shaping the latest electrification and digital technologies. ABB is a technology and market leader in electrification, with the largest installed base of fast-charging stations for electric vehicles worldwide. Formula E serves as a competitive platform to develop and test e-mobility-relevant electrification and digitalisation technologies. By joining forces, ABB and Formula E are ideally positioned to push the boundaries of e-mobility,” said ABB CEO Ulrich Spiesshofer.
ABBis a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport and infrastructure globally. Recently the company introduced the world`s fastest charging station, the Terra HP. It can recharge a car`s battery in just eight minutes for a distance of 200 km.
Highlights of the event
- At the E-Village, the ABB booth will present an array of ABB electro-mobility technology, including a high-performance electric car and two of ABB’s most advanced charging stations – the Terra 53 and Terra HP. A hologram will display a completely electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
- An exhibit of ABB’s electric bus solutions will include a video and a demonstration of ABB’s TOSA fast-charging stations for bus stops that can recharge the vehicle’s battery in the time it takes for passengers to board.
- ABB’s YuMi, a dual-arm collaborative robot will be signing autographs.
- A display of SeaBubbles, an example of e-mobility on water. This futuristic, zero-emission new form of water taxi incorporates ABB technology, demonstrates the viability of transportation that does not impact the environment or place any burden on urban infrastructure.
- A miniature electric car race.